Xperia X10 mini and X10 mini pro and X8 will not receiving official android gingerbread from Sony Ericsson, that’s sounds bad for their users, they said that all this device has less RAM to work with Gingerbread or Froyo. So you have to live with outdated Android 2.1 (Eclair) or buying this smartphone successor Xperia Mini Pro (with no X10) which already powered with Android 2.3. Fortunately, Cyanogenmod and some kind developers from xda-developers give our smartphone chance to feel latest android version. Some of you might confused how to upgrade our X10 mini pro to Gingerbread ROM, and now we are present you a guide how to do that. As always, you must notice that flashing any ROM might harm your device, you are taking full responsibility no matter what happens with your smartphone. We only help you by offering this tutorial.
Step by Step Guide How To Install or Flashing Custom Gingerbread/Froyo ROM on Xperia X10 mini pro
First Of All You need to latest firmware (2.1.1.A.0.6 or 2.1.1.C.0.0 from Sony Ericsson) and baseband (M76XX-TSNCJOLYM-53404015), you need that requirements or everything will fail to work, you need to get latest official update from SE to meet that requirements. After that follow this guide sequentially from beginning to end.
- Partitioning your SD card (optional), you need this in order to trigger App2SD feature (save some apps in SD card), only give ext2 partition with 1 GB or less for stability purpose, learn more here.
- Root your mobile phone, we suggest you to use SuperOneClick to perform it as this easiest way, download it here.
- Installing xRecovery for flashing and backup purpose, why we don’t use Clockworkmod ? So, if you still on stock Eclair it’s better to using xRecovery as some users said that Clockworkmod isn’t work on stock SE ROM. Firstly you need android terminal emulator (search and install it from android market) and then read carefully “How to use this script ?” from here to installing xRecovery.
- Find custom Gingerbread ROM, done with xRecovery you need to search and find custom ROM which match with you on X10 mini pro thread, after find one rename it to “update.zip” and then copy to root of your SD card (/sdcard/update.zip)
- Boot into xRecovery, after moving update.zip into SD card now you need to turn off your phone, and then turn it on again. When booting press Back button few times (not only once) right after white Sony Ericsson logo appears, you will get into xRecovery. Use volume-up and volume-down button to browse, Home button to select menu, Back button to go back.
- Backup your stock SE ROM, in the xRecovery menu select Backup and restore menu.
- Factory Reset, select Factory reset (full wipe), many developers suggest you to do this before installing fresh ROM.
- Installing gingerbread/froyo for X10 mini pro, select “install update.zip from SD Card” menu to begin installing process, and wait for couple of minutes.
- Finished flashing, after upgrade process is successful you need to reboot your smartphone by select “Reboot” menu.
- Done, and waiting for about 5 – 10 minutes to let your smartphone first boot.
Now you can feel Gingerbread experience in your X10 mini pro, this guide might work on Xperia X8 or X10 mini but root and recovery method maybe slightly different.